Tuesday 1 October 2013

Sssh… it’s a beauty secret!


We’re all guilty of it – eating chocolate behind closed doors or hiding expensive shoes from your boyfriend, but something not quite so obvious is throwing out old mascara because it’s become a bit dry or has come to the end of its life. Automatically we throw it away and replace it with a brand new one.


Stop right there young lady! Before you throw out your old mascara think again, because it could be your answer to long lashes. I know you’re probably thinking I've written this blog post high on drugs (I have not!) honestly it’s a beauty secret I swear by and believe it creates lengthy eyelashes.  

Alike a primer for your face, I consider the last of your mascara like a primer for your eyelashes. One coat of your old mascara preps and separates the lashes. It gives lashes a base coat before applying the thick stuff, this also gives the new mascara something to grab onto.

I promise you it works! When I've applied fresh/new mascara without my first coat of the old my lashes look wet and clumpy.   
Please note it’s recommended you change your mascara every 6 months, so just keep swapping.


Are you guilty of throwing out your old mascara? What’s your best kept beauty secret? I would love to know!













No comments:

Post a Comment