Monday 4 November 2013

Dip-dye Hair


"Feel the fear and do it anyway," said author Susan Jeffers. A quote from the book that has stayed with me ever since. Fear gets in the way of a lot of things. However when a bout of uncertainty or nervousness occurs I think of this quote and it allows me to get on with the task ahead. 

Fear attacked me last Saturday when my hairdresser dyed the ends of my hair purple. Of course it was my choice, however I feared I would look stupid, that It would look like I was trying too hard or completely over the top. Despite the negative thoughts, I felt the fear and did it anyway. The outcome is revealed below.

My hairdresser coloured my hair pink first with a mix of pinkissimo and candy floss from Crazy Color http://www.crazycolor.co.uk/ For the purple she mixed lavender & lilac together also from Crazy Color and applied it to the ends of my hair. 

  

Both colours were left to develop for around 20-30 minutes. It was washed off to reveal dip-dyed hair.
The crazy colours developing...




The end result!
Ready for a night out. Hair is out of heated rollers, you can see the colours blend in nicely.

I painted my nails to match my hair (very sad I know)

Would you consider dip-dying your hair? Have you ever regretted colouring your hair? I would love to know! Tweet me or comment below x




2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous on you! I have pink dip dye at the mo but it's wash out
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely. I know what you mean. Top up the colour by adding a small amount of Crazy Colour to your conditioner hun xx

    ReplyDelete